Large Volume Fit-Out Suppliers
Manufacture, Supply & Install
Nationwide Support Team
Field Service Engineer (Healthcare)
We have an opportunity for an experienced Field Service Engineer to join the NHC Group. We provide, fit and service equipment and furniture to the UK Care Home Sector.
Based in Tyne and Wear, Northern Healthcare is a well-established family business and have a strong reputation for over 21 years of excellent service to nursing & care homes across the UK.
Due to continued expansion, we are looking to recruit a field service engineer who is ready to travel within the UK mainland (This could involve staying away 2 – 3 nights per week) to join our team. The successful applicant will service equipment on the sites of our customers.
Our client’s market is the healthcare sector, specifically private care homes. As a Field Service Engineer, your role will be to carry out planned and reactive equipment maintenance, mainly on mechanical and some electrical equipment (such as patient lifting hoists) in accordance with the LOLER Regulations of 1998. Fitting of specialist baths and track hoists as required.
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance to patient hoists, assisted baths, electric profile beds, shower trolleys, changing plinths, sluice machines, scales and other equipment including a weight test or service where appropriate.
- Attend reactive breakdown call-out to equipment as described above.
- Carry out and complete repairs works arising from above activities.
- Carry out installations of new equipment such as floor mounted hoists, ceiling mounted hoists, baths and wall mounted equipment such as adjustable height changing plinths.
- Provide excellent customer service
- Report any sales opportunities back to the office
Experience & Qualifications
- Experience in maintenance of this type of equipment would be an advantage, although training would be given
- Experience in customer contact and liaison
- Good grounding in mechanical engineering
- Some knowledge of electrical engineering.
- Engineers are all CRB-checked so you must hold a CRB certificate or be able to pass this
- Full UK driving license
- IT Literate
Hours of Work
- 40hrs a week
- Monday to Friday
- Fixed Salary Paying
Nights Away and Travel
- The company provide an evening meal, room in Premier Inn (or similar) and breakfast.
- No extra monies are paid by the company.
- A company van is provided with the post.