Large Care Group Fit-out Specialist
Design, Supply & Install
Nationwide Support Team
Serenity Heel Active
The Serenity Heel Active Mattress is a pressure reducing mattress with a castellated foam surface and a specialist heel management area.
The castellated foam in the centre of the mattress is pressure reducing and enables patient weight to be managed effectively by redistributing in the most vulnerable areas for the patient. The channels around the castellations are cut, meaning that a constant air flow occurs around the patient. This therefore aids temperature control meaning that the patient’s comfort is improved.
Risk Category - Very High
Cutting-edge solution specifically designed for residents with a very high risk of developing advanced pressure ulcers (grades 3-4).
The CPR function allows for rapid deflation in case of medical emergencies. Designed for one-handed operation for easy access during critical situations.
The mattress creates minimal heel-to-surface contact, reducing the risk of pressure ulcers on the heels.
The design reduces pressure points, minimising the risk of pressure ulcers and enhancing overall resident well-being.
Antimicrobial, Vapour-Permeable, Multi-Stretch Cover Material
A multi-stretch, vapour-permeable cover material with built-in antimicrobial protection. This ensures residents' comfort and well-being while maintaining a hygienic environment in your care facility.
The digital pump with an LED weight setting display allows caregivers to maintain precise control in any environment, ensuring optimal comfort for residents.
The user-friendly analogue pump with LED weight setting display offers caregivers intuitive control in any environment, making resident care a seamless experience.
The alternation cycle is a vital tool in preventing pressure ulcers among residents, ensuring their continued well-being.
About this product
The heel section of this mattress is sloped which reduces pressure, and an addition of visco elastic foam which provides comfort. The heel area is tapered, which leads to pressure being effectively redistributed for your resident.
- Fully Welded, Multi-stretch, vapour permeable fabric: The mattress features a specially designed multi-stretch fabric that allows for high moisture vapour transfer rate (MVTR), maximising airflow to the resident's skin surface. This helps keep the skin dry and reduces the susceptibility to tissue damage. The hospital-grade polyurethane (PU) fabric coating ensures resistance to regular cleaning, promoting a hygienic environment.
- Safer Heel Solution: The clinically proven lower leg section redistributes pressure from the heel to the upper leg (calve). By utilising a greater surface area, the mattress creates minimal heel-to-surface contact, reducing the risk of pressure ulcers on the heels.
- CME Foam surround & base: The mattress's CME Foam surround and base maintain pelvic stability during transfer and aid in moving and handling processes, promoting resident safety and comfort.
- High-Quality Foam Filled Cell Technology: The mattress features foam-filled alternating cells that automatically adjust to the resident's comfort level, providing superior pressure relief, comparable to the very best pressure-relieving surfaces.
- Active Therapy Mode (with pump): By adding a digital pump to the mattress, dynamic or alternating pressure therapy can be provided, upgrading the therapy level from that of a static mattress to meet the needs of residents at Very High Risk.
- Comfort Mode Selection: The digital pump allows for precise adjustment in smaller increments of 5kg, ensuring ultra-low-pressure delivery for lightweight and frail individuals. The mattress delivers pressure from 10mmgh to a maximum of 52mmgh, providing outstanding interface pressure specific to the user's body weight.
- Clever Hose Management Chamber: The mattress features a Hose Management Chamber that offers a completely enclosed compartment inside the cover, preventing potential infection and damage from misuse.
- CPR Function: In emergencies, the mattress can be detached from the pump for CPR administration. Foam-filled cells under low pressure enable CPR while inflated, avoiding the frantic search for a CPR function.
- Easy Transportation: Workplace Health and Safety handles are integrated into the sides of the mattress cover, facilitating easy relocation for maintenance staff. The handles are positioned under a protecting "cover-flap" to ensure effective infection control.
- Risk Factor: Very High Risk (up to and including Grade IV pressure ulcer)
- Advisory Weight Limits: 40 stone or 254 kgs
- Mattress Dimensions: 198cm x 88cm x 16cm (sloping to 9cm at Heel end) - suitable for most homecare beds, with other sizes available upon request.
- Mattress Weight: <9kgs (lightweight and easy to handle)
- Cycle Time: 1 in 2 (The mattress alternates inflation and deflation of cells every 11.5 minutes to reduce pressure points effectively.)
- Noise Output: Ultra-low - 45db (ensuring minimal disturbance)
- Pump Style: Available in both digital & analogue (offering options for different user preferences)
Available sizesSmall , Medium , Large , Extra Large , Extra Extra Large